NCDHD will be returning to Chambers to offer Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine. This vaccine is currently approved for those 16 and older. The FDA is meeting 5/12 to consider moving the age to 12 and older. A quick Google search or a look at the NCDHD website will let you know if this is approved by the time of your local clinics (www.ncdhd.ne.gov).
Pfizer vaccine requires two doses. The second dose will be scheduled approximately three weeks after the first. For more information about the Pfizer vaccine visit: https://www.fda.gov/media/144414/download
The following clinics are available to you and your student:
- Chambers Public School: Monday, May 17th 2:30p-3:30p
- Chambers Public Schools Parking Lot: Monday, June 7th 2:30p-3:30p
You can register for either of these clinics at: https://tinyurl.com/5tazmk2j. If you have difficulty registering or making your appointment, please still come during the designated time.
For your child to be vaccinated, a vaccination form needs to be completed. Your school has copies of this form. A copy can also be printed at: www.ncdhd.ne.gov. Be sure to print the School Vaccination Form. You are encouraged to accompany your child. If you do so, forms will be available on site.
If your child is 18 or younger and you are not able to accompany your child, the following is required:
- Complete the School Vaccination Form in advance.
- List emergency contact information under the signature area.
- Approve that if you are not present, Frank Jesse is appointed to be the agent that will act on your child’s behalf until an emergency contact is reached.
- Ask any questions in advance. Please contact our office or your healthcare provider’s office.
We want to ensure all of your questions are answered prior to your child receiving a vaccination. More information is available at: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/ or www.ncdhd.ne.gov. You can also call us with questions at 402-336-2406 (press 3).
Further information on other NCDHD COVID-19 vaccine clinics is available at: https://ncdhdne.wordpress.com/vaccine-appointment-sign-up/